HOME > Frequently Asked Questions About Phakic IOL
Frequently Asked Questions About Phakic IOL
- Is there pain during phakic IOL surgery? What about after phakic IOL surgery?
- What are the potential complications?
- Is there any risk of infection?
- Will the phakic IOL move or become dislocated?
- Could the phakic IOL break in the eye?
- Will the phakic IOL become cloudy? Is any maintenance required?
- Is it alright to leave the phakic IOL in the eye for the rest of a patient’s life?
- Will there be any problems after 10 or 20 years?
- What action should be taken when foreign matter gets into the surgically treated eye?
- Is it alright to rub the eye?
- How long after phakic IOL surgery is makeup allowed?
- When can one resume work after phakic IOL surgery?
- When can one resume sports after phakic IOL surgery?
- Will people around me notice the implanted lens?
- Will patients who underwent phakic IOL surgery be incompatible for other surgical treatments or have other problems in the future?